Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Appointed Time

Remember the story of Sarah and Abraham? God promised them a child at the most impossible time of their lives. Abraham was 99 and Sarah was 89. Yes, they laughed at the idea. But, they believed God would do it. They made love and they conceived Isaac. From the first covenant, they waited many years for the promise to be realized. The key was, God said that He would do it at "the appointed time." Only He knows what that time is.

Many people are praying for something big....something they think that they cannot live without...a spouse, a child, a cure to disease. Often, we pray so diligently (a good thing) that the object of our prayer becomes our idol (a bad thing).

If you have accepted Christ as your savior, you are a believer. Not only believing in Him, but also in what He can do. It is so important to remember that Christ is first. Pray diligently for your heart's desire. But be careful not to allow the object of your prayers become an idol. Always seek Christ first and seek God's will first. The choice to seek His will first helps us to submit to Him.

Submission to the Lord's will is a blessing. Surrender is much easier than fighting. God is in control of all things, and He blesses whom He chooses when and how He chooses. Do not waste your energy trying to control that which you cannot. Instead, commit yourself to the Lord, to do His will, to glorify Him in all that you say and do. He will bless you.....at the appointed time.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think that my email to you worked so I'm replying here...Thank you! I know, I even surprised myself! I kept looking at the timer thinking that it was going to beep any second. I was moving a lot more quickly than I normally would have b/c I felt like I was racing against the clock. But, I could have done a more normal speed and still got it done in 20 minutes tops. I've found that the trick is to make sure that your dishwasher is empty before you start cooking dinner. Then as I mess stuff up, I throw it into the dishwasher except for a few things that I hand wash. This helps the clean up process a lot and makes 15 minute clean ups a lot more feasible! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete